Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
The Senior Regional EHS Manager will provide leadership to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental and safety regulations for locations within their region. This position would be an extension of the Company EHS Department. Actively engaging and involving employees at all levels of the organization to develop and expand the EHS program.
Reporting to the EHS Director this position does allow for the right candidate to office out of anyone of our major locations such as: Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, Charlotte, Los Angeles, or Houston.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership to advance initiatives that promote and sustain the safety, health, security, and welfare of all employees. Provide direct supervision of assigned multimarket staff
* Develop, deploy, and monitor all EHS programs, procedures, policies, and standards in a manner that ensures compliance to Federal, State, Local, Customer and Corporate requirements
* Provide focus, direction, leadership, and technical expertise to advise and train managers and supervisors on their roles and responsibilities in the EHS program
* Administer the root cause analysis procedure designed to identify hazards in the workplace and develop best practices
* Assess, track, and analyze EHS performance to identify risks and establish recommendations to alleviate hazards and leverage opportunities
* Stimulate and cultivate a zero-harm, opportunity-driven mentality throughout the organization. We believe that every accident is preventable
* Drive continuous improvement in our safety culture while working towards exceeding site-specific safety goals
* Participation in the Company Safety Council activities and projects. Transfer safety SOPs, procedures, and processes to market activities
* Advise and train direct multimarket staff on their roles and responsibilities in the Safety program
* Provide regular reports of progress to the Regional Presidents through a dotted line responsibility.
* Obtain continuous education related to EHS.
* Other duties as assigned by the Company Director of Environment, Health, Safety and Quality.
* BS Degree in an occupational health and safety, environmental health and safety, safety engineering technology, industrial hygiene, or other related degree.
* 8-10 years' experience in an EHS role in manufacturing or distribution environment managing and developing EHS policies, procedures, training, and safe work procedures.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
* Must be self-directed, professional, and dependable; Ability to use data to evaluate and recommend risk reduction strategies.
* Knowledge and experience with MS Office.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements of OSHA, EPA, NFPA and other federal and state/provincial agencies.
* Ability to coach, train and be an effective leader.
* Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Impeccable attention to detail, effective problem-solving skills.
* Must be self-directed, professional, and dependable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.