The Ryerson difference:
At Ryerson Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more! Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will support employees who provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, luxury hotels, first responder/healthcare equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even smart phones! www.ryerson.com
Be a part of history. Join our team.
Your career at Ryerson will offer meaningful work, competitive rewards and an engaging workplace. We provide extensive training, development and professional advancement, and you will find meaningful opportunities to contribute to the success of the company. Ryerson is looking for individuals who exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, a passion to challenge how we do things, and the confidence and aptitude to improve them. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and we believe in promoting from within, as well as providing the resources for long-term career development.
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Signing Bonus
* Over 100 transferable Ryerson locations throughout North America
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* Company 401k contributions plus employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1
* Health and wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership roles
* and more!
Laserflex Inc., part of the Ryerson family of companies, is a full-service precision metal fabricator specializing in laser material processing technology. With facilities located in Hilliard, OH and Greenville, SC, Laserflex provides services to a wide range of manufacturers throughout North America. By aligning technology and experience along with a commitment to service and quality, Laserflex provides the most efficient and competitively priced metal fabrication services in the marketplace.
We are currently looking for a motivated full time Laser Machine Operator (Tube or Flat) at our Hilliard facility. We are seeking a reliable, efficient laser operator to join our team. Reporting to the afternoon Lead Operator, the successful candidate will be safety focused with an emphasis on quality, a dedication to performing work accurately, and a keen attention to detail are a must.
This position works Monday thru Thursday 2:30pm - 1:00am.
* Startup & Shutdown of laser equipment
* Set-up of correct cutting parameters and laser operation
* Maintain equipment to ensure proper working conditions
* Measure and verify that the parts produced meet print specs
* Safely operate a forklift to handle materials
* Document basic material, production and quality control issues
* Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level
* 3 years minimum laser operator or similar experience preferred
* 6 months of previous manufacturing experience
* Regular attendance, including being on time and ready to work at assigned start time
* Ability to work assigned overtime, at times with short notice
* Candidates will be asked to complete the Ramsay Corporation Combined Basic Skills Assessment ("Assessment"). To qualify for this position, candidate must attain the minimum raw score in each of the four categories of: Reading = 8, Arithmetic = 7 (if candidate scores 3 or higher, (s)he remains eligible for hire and must successfully complete arithmetic training upon hire), Inspection & Measurement = 6 (if candidate scores 3 or higher, (s)he remains eligible for hire and must successfully complete inspection and measurement training upon hire), and Process Monitoring & Problem Solving = 6.
* 2 - 3 years of experience as a skilled machine operator preferred
* Ability to navigate on a computer to find information, enter information when prompted and print as necessary.
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision and hearing
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements for mobility and lifting requirements
* Ability to read blueprints preferred
* Keen attention to detail with strong organizational skills
* Ability to manage time effectively and independently
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Team player with a strong, positive attitude
Salary Range: $43,500-$48,100
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.