The Ryerson difference:
At Ryerson Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more! Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will support employees who provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, luxury hotels, first responder/healthcare equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even smart phones! www.ryerson.com
Be a part of history. Join our team.
Your career at Ryerson will offer meaningful work, competitive rewards and an engaging workplace. We provide extensive training, development and professional advancement, and you will find meaningful opportunities to contribute to the success of the company. Ryerson is looking for individuals who exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, a passion to challenge how we do things, and the confidence and aptitude to improve them. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and we believe in promoting from within, as well as providing the resources for long-term career development.
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Over 100 transferable Ryerson locations throughout North America
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* Company 401k contributions plus employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1
* Health and wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership roles
* and more!
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join out St. Louis, MO sales team. This position is responsible for maintaining and growing business with assigned, established customers, and for securing and growing business from new or not recently sold assigned customers. He/she will be responsible for coordinating all of the sales and customer service activities with the assigned accounts. This position involves a high volume of face-to-face customer contact.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Quickly builds strong relationships with contacts at all levels across a variety of functions within customer organizations but especially with purchasing decision makers. Develops customer personnel trust and confidence in Ryerson and its representatives.
* Keeps customers informed about industry and economic trends and Ryerson's ability to assist customers in adapting to change.
* Works with service center and regional sales/product management to develop quotations and contract proposals that are responsive to customer needs and result in profitable sales for Ryerson.
* Understands and keeps up-to-date on the competitive environment and provides market intelligence to sales management to help shape service center sales strategies, price levels and working capital decisions.
* Increases revenue from assigned customers by increasing product lines or items sold and converting general line sales to fabrication sales.
* Involves service center management, regional management, Global Accounts, or other corporate management, and Ryerson supplier representatives in establishing and maintaining relationships at all levels of customer organization.
* Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
* High School Diploma/GED required
* 1-3 years of sales experience in metals service industry or similar industry preferred
* Aggressive, competitive, self-motivated with a Say Yes attitude
* Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) a must
* Strong math aptitude
* Detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Problem solving/conflict resolution and negotiating skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.