Job SummaryAvantor's Head, HR Information Systems provides global strategic and tactical direction for all core HRIS platforms within Workday. In addition to owning the system roadmap, this individual will develop and execute the appropriate workforce analytics strategy to support the needs of our growing business.
This position partners with HR leaders and business stakeholders to optimize current HR systems, determine the appropriate short and long-term HRIS and analytics roadmaps and drive operational oversight for related support and project activities.
This is a remote USA based position, with flexibility for travel.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Analyze current systems and processes and identify opportunities for improvements
- Recommend, prioritize and implement the appropriate system and process solutions
- Lead and develop members of the HRIS team, who are responsible for implementing and maintaining HR technology tools (ATS, HCM, LMS) maintaining candidate and employee data, reporting, and analytics.
- Optimize current team, systems and processes while developing the appropriate medium and long-term technology strategies/roadmap
- Develop and lead analytics strategy to proactively provide the necessary data and insights to support business
- Gather requirements and facilitate prioritization across stakeholders to implement the roadmap efficiently
- Work with multiple departments and business units to implement new products/services/modules
- Participate in day-to-day project and support work, including analysis, documentation, configuration, testing, and reporting activities.
- Ensure data integrity including quality, accuracy, security, and usability of associate data and related interfaces by implementing adequate processes, controls and backup systems
- Manage change via strong project and change management methodology (i.e. scope definition, risk identification, project plans, resource allocation, timeline and budget, issue management)
- Develop strong relationships within HR and across business stakeholders to understand the business needs and how to best utilize HR systems to meet them
- Develop collaborative relationships with IT peers, external partners, and various operational teams to design, develop, and deliver system solutions that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to implement and maintain training materials, system documentation and end-user communications to align with system and process enhancements
- Maintain awareness of current trends and understand statutory and regulatory requirements affecting HR & Talent Management
- Safeguard timely compliance with established processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HR Technology knowledge with 10+ years of experience selecting, implementing and supporting various HR systems in a fast paced, growing environment; Workday experience required; In addition, 5 years of people management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and 7+ years of experience as a functional/technical liaison
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business or Human Resources preferred
- Flexibility to adapt to a continually changing and fast paced, entrepreneurial business environment
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- An exceptional customer service mentality is required
- Must be a self-motivated, proactive problem solver who is able to build business cases to support your recommended solutions to challenges/opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proven leadership and organization skills with project and people management experience
- Effective communications and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively manage time to balance multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines
- Collaborative and able to work with all levels of associates and cross functional teams
- Must have the ability to effectively lead and motivate others
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be capable of maintaining strict confidentiality and exercising discretion with sensitive data
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Limited travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:
Avantor is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation range for this role is:$159,000.00 - $270,000.00
Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience and location.