At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more!
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* 401(k) with employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1 of your start date
* Paid Maternity and Parental leave
* Health and wellness programs
* On-the-job training and mentoring from leadership and teammates
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership roles
* and more!
We are looking for a Credit Analyst who is able to make independent decisions, is customer-centric (internally and externally), and able to communicate and interact with all levels and departments within the Ryerson organization.
Additional responsibilities include:
*Maintaining or improving the accounts receivable portfolio for assigned branches, and all the adjunct responsibilities that go with managing the AR portfolio (credit reviews, limit increases/decreases, held orders, placement for collection/legal, and concise communication of expected results).
*Pro-active approach to managing priorities
*Comprehensive understanding of commercial credit law
*Ability to drive results through continuous improvement
*Negotiate for win-win results for Ryerson and the customer
*Perform multiple tasks, achieve desired results and meet required deadlines on all tasks
*Demonstrated ability to perform within a team environment and add to the overall success of the team
*Timely reporting to management and branches on progress with past due accounts and major account balances
*High School Diploma or GED required; NACM designation preferred.
*Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively
* Able to work remotely and make periodic visits to a Ryerson location.
* Time management skills & self-discipline
* Demonstrated responsible credit experience, preferably in an industrial and/or service environment
*Working knowledge of MS-Office Suite applications (MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Outlook)
*Able to perform job duties under stressful conditions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.