Be a part of the digital transformation in the global metals supply chain. Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leader in the metals processing and distribution service center industry, is expanding its IT Analytics group to add a Product Data Analyst to expand our growing department capabilities. Your strategic responsibilities will utilize your in-depth product knowledge of the Metals Industry to match product information from internal and external sources as well as working closely with our Master Data Management group on matching rules.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following Qualities:
* Strong Metals product knowledge
* Comfortable working with large datasets using tools including Excel, Informatica MDM and/or other data integration tools
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand Product Attribute information, including ability to self-instruct using available texts and other resources
* Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on ability to organize tasks, manage multiple projects, create and maintain documentation, prioritize work and meet deadlines with minimal direct supervision
* Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact across multiple departments and levels within a medium to large size enterprise
* Ability to work independently or with minimal instruction
Professional and Technical Responsibilities Include:
* Work with the Ryerson Family of Companies and Ryerson Metal Suppliers to match product attributes to Ryerson SKUs using various datasets from both parties
* Focus is SKU data; additional Supplier related data including Available Inventory, Pricing and Purchase Order data will also be in scope for mapping
* Create and maintain documentation for matching and mapping process with logic used
* Ability to analyze large datasets to determine data quality and integrity
* Work with product attribute data from all product lines
* Work with people from all business disciplines (Supply Chain, Sales, Operations, IT, ...) at all business levels (local, regional, corporate). This includes outside technical consultants when appropriate.
* All other duties as they are assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative major such as Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or similar business area preferred.
* 5 or more years of general line metals sales/purchasing experience highly preferred
* Metals product and industry knowledge required
* Advanced level abilities in Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of pivot tables and v-lookups required, experience with Informatica MDM a plus
* Open mindset, ability to quickly adapt new technologies and learn new practices
* Some travel may be required
About Our Team:
Ryerson IT Analytics is part of the office of the Chief Data Officer and supports key decision-makers across the company. Our toolset includes best-of-breed software such as Salesforce.com, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Analytics, IBM Cognos, Oracle, and SAP, in addition to in-house resources for custom application development. We are proud to employ a diverse team of analysts and developers as we help build and maintain the systems that drive Ryerson's business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.