At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more!
Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will have an opportunity to provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, arenas, luxury hotels, first responder equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even the smart phone you may be using to apply to this role!
See what we do and more at https://www.ryerson.com/services/what-we-do.
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* 401(k) with employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1 of your start date
* Paid Maternity and Parental leave
* Health and wellness programs
* On-the-job training and mentoring from leadership and teammates
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership and/or technical roles
* and more!
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor to lead our team in Livermore, CA.
- Direct the efficient function of service center operations
- Understand production goals and implement actions necessary to meet objectives
- Backup to production scheduling
- Provides leadership to direct reports; coaches and counsels employees
- Facilitates problem solving team building activities
- Carries out and supports company policy, goals and objectives
- Understands quality goals and implement actions necessary to meet goals
- Ensure training is effectively carried out and oversee completion of training checklist
- Communicate with other departments within facility as well as other Ryerson locations
- Understand customer requirements, participate and advise on decisions regarding suitability of material and processing capabilities
- Provide direction and coaching in safe work practices: support safety goals
- Review unsafe conditions and ensure corrective actions are carried out to eliminate workplace
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse setting (metals experience preferred)
- Military service can be used as qualifying experience
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift hours (12:30pm start time)
- Knowledge of various employment laws (i.e., OHSA) and government regulations (i.e., DOT)
- Knowledge of all warehouse machine and equipment operations
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working in a team-focused environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.