The future will be made from metal. From global infrastructure projects to smart energy initiatives, metal is the essential material for building a more sustainable society. Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leader in the global metals supply chain for nearly 200 years, is at the center of it all, helping close the gap between metal producers' supply and end-users' demand.
We are seeking a Risk Manager to join our team in downtown Chicago, IL. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for the identification, measurement, communication, and management of existing and emerging company-wide insurable risks of fortuitous loss.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
* Leads the identification, communication, measurement, and management of company-wide insurable risk. Current coverages include, but are not limited to: Property, General Liability, Workers' Compensation, Automobile, Employment Practices, Professional Liability, Directors and Officers, Crime, Aircraft, and Cyber.
* Manages insured litigation and all insurance claims, including workers compensation with Director of EHS; ensures appropriate and timely notice to/involvement of insurers concerning potential claims; communicates with insurance brokers on questions regarding coverage.
* Manages the insurance renewal process, including the collection of underwriting data, timely submission to insurance brokers, review of insurance proposals, evaluation of risk financing alternatives, and prepares recommendations to Deputy General Counsel and EVP/General Counsel, and the timely binding of agreed-upon insurance policies.
* Initiates, evaluates, and manages relationships with third-party service providers, including brokers, underwriters, actuaries, consultants, and third-party claims administrators.
* Evaluates and provides recommendations regarding the utility of various insurance policies, including but not limited to Property, General Liability, Workers' Compensation, Automobile, Employment Practices, Professional Liability, Directors and Officers, Crime, and Cyber coverage.
* Advises management on risk and insurance issues with contracts, leases, vendor agreements, and other similar documents. Develops and manages Certificate of Insurance (COI) requirements, collection, validation, storage, and retrieval.
* Manages annual insurance audit, including directing responses to insurer requests and relevant submissions.
* Investigates, resolves, and responds to all property and liability claims under the direction of the Deputy General Counsel.
* Works with the company's insurance brokers and directs paralegal to respond to requests for certificates of insurance and claims history documentation.
* Manages support staff as required.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
* Bachelor's degree required. Risk Management and Insurance designations, including CPCU, ARM, CRM highly desirable
* 5+ years of insurance and risk management experience with increasing responsibilities
* Strong working knowledge of risk management and insurance, including insurance rating plans, policy language, interpretation, and policy construction
* Familiarity with and working knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Alternative Risk Financing (ART)
Job Skills Requirements:
* Strong organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
* High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
* Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and diverse team environment
* Superior interpersonal skills and the proven ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
* Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
* Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
* Outstanding planning and organizational skills; ability to meet tight deadlines
* Proficient in Office 365 applications, including SharePoint and OneDrive
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.