Job SummaryResponsible for the strategic design, planning, analysis, execution and ongoing management of compensation. Recommends program revisions and enhancements which are cost effective and consistent with peer group, compensation trends and company objectives.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all compensation related matters for the Americas region
- Develops content and provides recommendations regarding compensation matters
- Establishes timetables and drives executive compensation program reviews/redesigns.
- Partner with Finance and HRIS to ensure compensation processes are automated and integrated into HRIS
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Manages the review and revision of data, procedures, documentation and tools necessary for effective HR, Executive and BOD level consumption
- Develops and implements effective communication tools to educate managers and employees on compensation practices and programs.
- Manages the administration salary increases and other elements of compensation programs.
- Assists in preparation of compensation related materials for presentation to the HR leadership team, CHRO, Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Handles the annual competitive analysis process through survey participation, data analysis, and executive presentation.
- Ensures compliance of Avantor's compensation practices with federal and state laws.
- Responsible for all expatriates within Avantor. Includes managing both the short and long term International Assignee programs, coordinating tax returns and tax equalization and all assignment letters.
- Manages Avantor's domestic relocation program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of compensation experience.
- Must have global compensation experience.
- Experience managing expat assignments and relocation.
- Strong experience working with and influencing senior executives.
- CCP and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Experience designing implementing and administering compensation plans
- Strong executive presence with strong communications skills and business acumen
- Extensive knowledge of compensation, HRIS,, metrics & planning
- A team orientation that will allow the selected candidate to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- A strong business mind-set with an aptitude to gather and analyze data and translate that data into meaningful initiatives
- Proficiency in general business software applications
- Ability to articulate and forecast how compensation will impact product lines financially and from a cultural and competitive perspective
- Strong analytical and Excel spreadsheet skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position is to be based remotely within the US with a strong preference to an eastern or central time zone location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.