Current Employees and Contractors Apply HereAdvisor Group Careers
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we support financial professionals nationwide, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. We're a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Equity Research Associate, Biotech
Location(s): 640 5th Ave., 4th Fl., New York, NY 10019
Role Type: Full time
Ladenburg Thalmann is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as a sell-side Equity Research Associate to help cover the small-cap cap biotech sector. Our chosen candidate will be responsible for following the progress of covered public companies as well as researching other public and private biotech companies. The chosen candidate will support the research team in the efforts to analyze companies and make stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. The candidate will have an undergraduate degree in life sciences, ideally with a second major in finance. Additionally, the chosen candidate will have an interest in equity research and financial modeling as it relates to the biopharma sector. This position will be based in mid-town Manhattan, New York.
In addition to the resume, please provide a cover letter explaining your interest in this position.
Responsibilities & Job Requirements
- Provide support to the Senior Analyst through fundamental analysis and investment research in equity markets with an emphasis on the biopharma sector.
- Analyze individual biotech companies to build and routinely update three-statement financial models.
- Build and maintain sales models for a variety of medicines.
- Write comprehensive initiation research reports and commentary.
- Conduct primary research through expert interviews, and due diligence of clinical data and industry trends.
- Communicate with company management in a timely manner.
- Organize KOL calls for investors and investor events.
- Update marketing documents regularly.
- Interact with Ladenburg's institutional sales force and investors.
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings.
- Perform all other duties as assisgned.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Perfect verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Relentless curiosity and passion for investment in the biopharma companies.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative/team environment with other members of the team.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours during earnings season and various healthcare conferences.
- Prior internship/experience at a biotech company or consulting company is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage tight timelines during long hours.
- Ability to search, understand and interpret scientific and medical publications and presentations.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences and finance, or related fields.
- Progress towards or willingness to participate in the CFA program.
- Ability and willingness to obtain FINRA licenses (SIE, Series 63, 86, 87).