As the Technical Support Professional, you will perform post-sales telephone and on-site technical software support for the US Service organization. You will assist with software installation, configuration and testing for new installations, upgrades, and/or maintenance. You must also possess excellent level of product knowledge and serves as liaisons between the US organization and engineering staff. This position is based at our facility in Wilmington, DE.
What you will accomplish together with us:
- Take ownership of technical software issues, and work with our Product Development groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Resolve escalated field issues without the need for management intervention.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Participate in providing training as required.
- Assist with software upgrades and enhancements into the field.
- Manage new software releases and system configuration details.
- Effectively coordinate or deliver training for field engineers to enable successful installations, preventative maintenance, and break fix repairs.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with manufacturing, engineering, and project teams, feeding back ideas for product improvement.
What will convince us:
- Bachelor's degree in biotechnology/engineering/software discipline or 10 plus years of experience in a servicing automation laboratory, or medical.
- 5+ year's experience of supporting software controlled equipment in the field.
- Experience of complex fault finding.
- Familiarity with BlueFolder, Dayforce and Concur.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel functions and macros.
- Company provided training for in depth knowledge of equipment.
- Some programming knowledge of C, VB or similar.
- Ability to understand and interpret needs to effectively apply technology to create optimal solutions.
- Windows OS skills.
- PC architecture.
- PC networking, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain configuration
- SQL databases, (SYBASE, SQLSERVER)
- Some database administration skills.
- Knowledge of PLCs (Siemens, Emerson, AB).
- Self-motivated, conscientious, and reliable.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Effective time management skills.
- Able to prioritize workload and customer demands.
- Strong team player who works well with others.
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
What we offer:
Sartorius' ambition is to simplify progress in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
- Opportunity for international career development:
a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
- Intelligent working environment: working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
- Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here.
E-Verify Participation Info
E-Verify Workers Rights
We look forward to receiving your application.
Sartorius is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling +1 631 254 4249 ext 8330 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insightsinto our world of work can be found
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.