Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Paid holidays and vacation
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
* Casual work environment
* and more!
We are looking for a General Warehouseperson to join our team in Lancaster, NY. Responsibilities and duties include:
* Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Unload and receive material which includes weighing, counting, and checking sizes.
* Identify by color, heat, and/or test numbers. Organize into stock racks or designated areas.
* Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment.
* Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
* Keep areas clean and organized
* Other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or GED
* Experience working in metals or warehouse setting
* Crane, forklift, and good computer skills are a plus
* Must be able to use measuring tools, specifically a tape measure, micrometer, and a caliper
* Must be a team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.