Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Paid holidays and vacation
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
* Casual work environment
* and more!
We are looking for a Plasma CNC Operator to join our team in Lancaster, NY. Responsibilities and duties include:
* You will setup and process burn orders on plasma / oxy machinery
* Operating forklift and using a remote controlled overhead crane to move material throughout the warehouse
* Taking pride in your work is important; you will ensure product quality is correct using various measuring tools and make adjustments if needed
* You understand the importance of customer service, ensuring the metals product meets accurately meets or exceeds customer expectations
* Safety is our first priority here at Ryerson; you will observe all standard safety practices and maintain all required records
* You are a part of a team and we value your input - you may be involved in safety committees or other inter-Company initiatives
* Other duties as assigned by leadership
* HS diploma or GED
* Forklift, Overhead Crane, and good computer skills
* Read and understand blueprints
* Experience working in a metals warehouse setting preferred.
* Must be able to accurately use measuring tools, specifically a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper.
* Must be a team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.