Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Paid holidays and vacation
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
* Casual work environment
* and more!
We are looking for a Press Brake Operator to join our team in Lancaster, NY. Responsibilities and duties include:
* Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Operate press brake machine to process metal
* Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Unload and receive material, weighs, counts, check sizes. Identify by color and heat or test numbers. Place into stock racks or designated areas.
* Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Perform tallying, stamping, and sorting as required
* Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment.
* Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
* Keep areas clean and organized.
* Other duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or GED required.
* Forklift, Overhead Crane, and good computer skills are a plus.
* Experience using a Press Brake machine preferred
* Experience working in a metals warehouse setting preferred.
* Must be able to accurately use measuring tools, specifically a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper.
* Must be a team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.