Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
- Understanding of supply chain concepts and maintenance of MRP inputs at the item level.
- Timely execution of MRP for internally sourced items, outside processed items and external buys as necessary.
- Replenishment order maintenance, stock service level review including expediting as necessary
- Manage inventory for responsible items, re-deploy slow moving items.
- Management of inventory investment to a budget.
- Management of available inventory to support sales.
- Maintenance of material part numbers and vendor records.
- MRP element review and adjustment to meet changing demand, processing and business needs.
- Accountability for project work generated both within and outside the procurement department.
Additional Responsibilities with an emphasis on Inventory Planning and Production Scheduling:
- Internal inventory planning based on MRP and direct sales requests.
- Ensuring high service level metrics to support dynamic sales activity.
- Scheduling production time for all metal processing at region cut-to-length processing centers interacting directly with sales team members for best utilization of materials and work centers.
- Manage capacity in system to reflect consistent and competitive lead time for sales while ensuring effective use of feedstock materials to maximize output.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or operations related field highly preferred
- GED/High School Diploma required
- Strong analytical, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization skills to manage priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft tools including Access and Excel.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of management and between departments.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- High energy level and commitment to excellent customer service.
- An understanding of MRP or inventory control systems and experience in the steel industry a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of SAP software a plus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to learn complex systems and business processes in a fast paced environment, to manage multiple tasks on a regular basis and work well in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.