Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
Currently, Ryerson' Green Bay facility is looking for a Service Center Operator to join our 1st shift warehouse team. This shift will run Monday - Friday, 3AM - 11AM.
Successful candidates will also be responsible for:
* Handling Inventory
* Loading/unloading trucks
* Pulling orders
* Performing as a Help/Packer/Skid Builder
* Using mobile equipment such as a fork truck to move material throughout building
* Perform general clean-up
* Other duties a required
* HS Diploma/GED required
* Minimum one year experience in a metal processing/metal service center environment
* Basic computer skills needed
* Forklift and overhead crane experience preferred
* Strong safety focus at all times
* Basic math and reading skills, along with comfort using a computer
* Ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision, hearing, mobility and lifting requirements
* Must be a team player
* Keen attention to detail and ability to stay organized in a fast paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.