Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Three weeks accrual vacation for new hires, along with paid time off and nine paid holidays
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available day one of your start date.
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus, paid in three installments over a 90-day period.
We are looking for a Shift Area Leader to join our Night Shift (11PM - 7AM) team in Charlotte, NC. Responsibilities and duties include:
* Direct the efficient function of plant operations
* Understand production goals and implement actions necessary to meet objectives
* Supervise the filling of time-sensitive orders
* Provide leadership to direct reports; coach and counsel employees
* Facilitate problem solving team building activities
* Carry out and support company policy, goals and objectives
* Understand quality goals and implement actions necessary to meet goals
* Ensure training is effectively carried out and oversee completion of training checklist
* Communicate with other departments within facility as well as other Ryerson locations
* Understand customer requirements, participate and advise on decisions regarding suitability of material and processing capabilities
* Provide direction and coaching in safe work practices: support safety goals
* Review unsafe conditions and ensure corrective actions are carried out to eliminate workplace hazards
* HS Diploma or GED
* Demonstrated problem solving ability
* Ability to work independently
* Personal initiative
* Demonstrated willingness to learn and improve oneself
* Mechanical aptitude and experience operating machinery
* Customer Focus
* Experience in Kaizen, 5S, and Lean principles a plus
* Ability to work under pressure but still maintain attention to detail
* Experience in factory or warehouse (metals warehouse preferred)
* Knowledge of and ability to use tape measure, micrometer and caliper a must
* Training certifications preferred in forklift operations, crane operations and First Aid/CPR
* Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.