Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., is one of the largest metals distributors in the US. We operate approximately 100 locations with 3,900 employees in North America, Canada and China. We are currently seeking a Sr. FP&A Analyst to contribute as an essential member on our business development team and in our project management office. This position will report to the head of corporate business development and project management office but will work closely with all areas of our organization.
Roles and responsibilities
* Key member of development team for domestic and international merger & acquisition opportunities including due diligence and scenario modeling, joint venture, and other complex business transactions.
* Effectively provide a wide variety of planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes, including modeling and scenario analysis.
* Provide annual, quarterly, and monthly reporting by gathering and analyzing data, trends, competitive analysis and actual/projections variances, and providing the information in clear, concise, succinct and compelling manner.
* Work as an analytical resource to develop financial analytics and present to Senior Management, including, but not limited to, budget to actual analysis, external market analysis, margin analysis, expense monitoring, cost of goods sold and delivery expense analysis and other various key performance indicators for the business.
* Act as an analytical resource to operational leaders, assisting in value-added ad hoc projects such as supply chain optimization, capital allocation, growth capex, operational efficiency improvements and key metric analysis, customer outreach, among others.
* Create compelling presentations for Senior Management, field, and operational leadership and external parties detailing high-level business needs, company strategy, and key financial metrics. External parties include private equity owner, auditors, debt ratings agencies, lenders, capital market participants, and other financial institution contacts.
* Strategy and analysis on development and implementation of special projects and potential external investment areas for the company.
* Bachelor's degree is required
* MBA, CPA, CFA or CMA a plus
* Minimum 5 years prior experience within an accounting, finance, or economics position
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint applications
* Knowledge of SAP, COGNOS and Power BI applications a plus* Intellectual horsepower and proven analytical ability. High energy and excellent communication skills for working with management, peers, and information users (for gathering requirements/requests for information).
* Dynamic individual who has demonstrated the ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
* Successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment, where personal initiative is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.