Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Three weeks accrual vacation for new hires, along with paid time off and nine paid holidays
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available day one of your start date.
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are looking for a Quality Inspector to join our team in Lancaster, NY.
* Conduct system and/or process audits in the different areas of the Plant as specified by Management to determine conformance to specifications. Areas to audit include, but are not limited to, all production, machine shop, inventory and shipping areas.
* Conduct part/product analysis using mathematical and statistical models. Develop error detecting, error proofing and quality improvement tools and methods.
* Conduct the Receiving Inspection function on items purchased from outside vendors to determine conformance to specifications.
* Conduct dimensional and visual layout of parts to determine conformance to specifications. Use of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and other measuring tools as required. Write and implement detailed Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programs with which to conduct dimensional verification of parts and determine conformance to specifications.
* Conduct gauge calibration activities as needed and maintain computerized gauge calibration system.
* Analyze product complaints from Customers for determination of failure and report findings to Supervisor, Quality Manager, and Customer Service as needed.
* Track quality assurance metrics, open defect and corrective actions.
* Other duties as assigned by leadership
* Associates Degree or comparable training and experience.
* Previous experience in inspections in a manufacturing environment a plus
* Familiarity with Blueprints, Specifications, 3D applications and Microsoft Office Software
*Working knowledge or experience with (APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Process Flow Diagrams, FMEA, Control Plan, 8D)
* Process, compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
* Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
* Possess strong communication skills with the ability to train others.
* Knowledge and application of SPC is a plus.
* Good PC, data entry and ability to work in spreadsheets.
* Possess a positive can do attitude, demonstrating a proactive instead of reactive approach.
* Possess a willingness to learn and seek personal growth.
* Detail oriented
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.