Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
We are looking for a Service Center Operator to join our warehouse team in Greensboro, NC.
In addition, we are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus, paid in three installments over a 90-day period.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Pulling and staging feed stock for production orders
* Finishing and inspecting product to meet customer expectations
* Final packaging of material per customer specification
* Staging of material for outbound shipping
* Maximum productivity during job task
* Work order confirmation on computer
* Operating an overhead crane to move material as needed
* Operating a forklift or side loader to move material as needed
* Carrying/moving supplies as needed
* Other miscellaneous duties to support the machine operator role
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
* HS diploma or GED
* Less than a year of metals warehouse experience with knowledge of structural steel preferred
* Forklift/side-loader experience
* Must be able to safely operate cranes with minimal supervision
* Good computer skills are a plus.
* Must be able to accurately use standard measuring tools (tape measure, micrometer, and caliper) as well as pneumatic hand tools.
* Must be willing to work overtime when needed
* Must be a team player.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.