Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Operator to join or warehouse team in DeKalb, IL.
Successful candidates will handle the following responsibilities as indicated below:
Essential functions: Primary responsibility is to fill orders by assembling of sheet product, bars/tubing, load/unload of trucks, through the operation of an overhead crane, forklift, side loader, and other manual material handling equipment:
* Unloading of inbound material through truck unloading and putting into proper storage locations
* Movement of Work-in-Progress through the plant, could include: skids of sheet, bundles of bar, plate, and metal coils
* Staging of material for daily production runs
* Staging material for shipping
* Truck loading for outbound customer shipments
* Sheet and bar order assembly
* Proper completion of sheet/bar assembly work order paperwork
* Maximum productivity during job task
* Carrying/moving packaging supplies and packaging skids
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision
* High School diploma or GED required
* 1-3 years experience in metals or warehouse setting
* Previous overhead crane and forklift experience preferred
* Forklift/crane experience
* Material handling
* Basic computer function knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.