Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. is a metals processor and distributor that has been one of the best in the industry for over 175 years. Why have we been so successful? We provide our customers with high-quality product, we adapt for the future, and because of our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working individuals who drive outstanding customer service on a consistent basis.
Ryerson offers great benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and generous paid-time off policies. All employees at Ryerson also enjoy 9 paid holidays each year and 3 weeks of paid vacation each year.
As an Account Manager on our winning sales team, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing business with established accounts, developing new customer accounts, and coordinating all of the associated sales and customer service activities for these accounts in the Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky market.
Here are some of the other important responsibilities that you will have:
* Quickly builds strong relationships with contacts at all levels across a variety of functions within customer organizations but especially with purchasing decision makers. Develops customer trust and confidence in Ryerson and its representatives.
* Keeps customers informed about industry and economic trends and Ryerson's ability to assist customers in adapting to change.
* Works with service center and regional sales/product management to develop quotes and contract proposals that are responsive to customer needs and result in profitable sales for Ryerson.
* Understands and keeps up-to-date on the competitive environment and provides market intelligence to sales management to help shape service center sales strategies, price levels and working capital decisions.
* Increases revenue from assigned customers by increasing product lines or items sold and converting general line sales to fabrication sales.
* Involves service center management, regional management, Global Accounts, or other corporate management, and Ryerson supplier representatives in establishing and maintaining relationships at all levels of customer organization.
* Other duties as assigned by leadership
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* 1-3 years of sales related experience
* Metals or similar manufacturing/industrial sales experience is a plus
* Strong MS Office skills(Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Prior experience working directly with inside sales team members is a plus
* Knows how to build rapport with customers and members of the Lancaster Customer Experience Team
* Possess creative and complex thinking skills in order to best resolve customer's wants and needs.
* Has demonstrated high-degree of ethics
* Ability to function well with customer demands in a fast-paced, stressful environment
* Must be able to travel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.