Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
Currently, Ryerson's Milwaukee, WI plant has an opportunity for a truck loader.
The primary responsibility of this position are:
* Direct filling of orders
* Unload inbound material and place in proper storage locations
* Overhead crane operation and forklift operation
* Movement of work-in-progress, which may include skids of sheet, bundles of bar, plate, and metal coils
* Staging of material for daily production runs
* Staging of material for shipping
* Truck loading for outbound customer shipments
* Sheet and bar order assembly
* Proper completion of paperwork
* Carrying and moving packaging supplies
* Mobile equipment operation
* Other job-related duties as directed by supervisor or manager
* HS diploma or GED required
* Regular attendance
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Positive attitude and willingness to learn
* Adheres to Ryerson safety protocol
* Basic math skills
* Basic computer skills
* Previous overhead crane and forklift experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.