Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
We are currently seeking an Administrative Support worker to join our Ambridge, PA team.
* Assignment of a wide variety of diverse administrative general office functions such as ordering supplies, filing, answering phones and organization of information
* Know and understand the administrative shipping functions within SAP
* Post available truckloads on the web through 3PL
* Applicable product knowledge and possess the ability to communicate articulately about them with Ryerson's sales staff
* Use of MS Office and other software programs
* Project completion as required
* Perform other duties as may be assigned
* High School diploma or GED
* 1 -3 years of previous general office experience required
* Self-directed and motivated
* High attention to detail
* Previous experience in processing shipping and delivery information a plus
* Experience with ERP system helpful
* MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Ability to exercise appropriate discretion an good judgement in completing job duties
* Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers
* Demonstrate an ability to perform within a team environment and add to the overall success of the team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.