Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Three weeks accrual vacation for new hires, along with paid time off and nine paid holidays
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available day one of your start date.
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are looking for an Account Representative to join our team in Memphis, TN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Processes customer orders, makes sales calls and works to establish relationships with customers.
* Build territory/account approach and monitor resources.
* Works with different departments to execute account development plans.
* Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
* Identifies problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures and makes sound decisions.
* Prioritizes concurrent customer's demands and provides satisfactory service to all.
* Balances concurrent requests for assistance from internal and external customers for customer service issues.
* Tasks must be completed with speed and accuracy.
* Other duties as assigned by management and supervision
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Prior sales or industry experience is preferred
* Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
* Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
* Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented, driven with a passion to excel
* Flexible and solutions-oriented
* High degree of business ethics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.