Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude,
Ryerson is looking for you!
We are currently seeking a Service Center Operator to join our team in Ambridge, PA working on 2nd shift.
Essential functions: Primary responsibility is to act as a support role for efficient warehouse operation.
* Pulling and staging feedstock for production orders
* Finished good piece finishing to meet customer expectation
* Final packaging of material per customer specification
* Staging of material for outbound shipping
* Maximum productivity during job task
* Work order confirmation on computer
* Operating an overhead crane to move material as needed
* Operating a forklift or sideloader to move material as needed
* Carrying/moving supplies as needed
* Other miscellaneous duties to support the machine operator role
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
* Regular attendance
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Basic math and reading skills
* Basic computer skills and/or comfort using a computer
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision, hearing and mobility
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements for mobility and lifting requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.