Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are looking for a Shipping Clerk to join our team in Blytheville, AR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs a variety of shipping functions/expediting of orders/assist with receiving function as needed.
* Verifies materials ship as ordered and routes outbound items to appropriate departments/locations
* Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services.
* Print and distribute the load plan to employees
* Close out loads and match receipts for accuracy
* Schedule truck driver routes for delivery
* OB load plan email requests
* Other duties as assigned by leadership
* HS diploma or GED
* AS400 & SAP experience highly preferred
* 1-3 years' of prior experience with product lines, material certificates and test reports
* Excellent communication skills
* Previous scheduling experience
* Strong computer skills including typing and data entry skills.
* Some clerical experience
* MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) a plus.
* Ability to work in a professional environment while exhibiting a positive attitude and sense of urgency to get the job done.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.