Fostered in over 177 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are looking for a Plasma Burner Operator (SCO B) to join our Texas Steel Processing team in Houston, TX.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Pulling and staging feed stock for production orders
* Finishing and inspecting product to meet customer expectations
* Pulling and staging material for production orders
* CNC Machine set-up, change consumables, and tooling set-up
* Daily machine operation for part processing
* Part inspection to ensure quality specifications
* Use measuring equipment such as calipers and tape measures for inspection of products
* Proactively recognize defective material
* Packaging of material to customer requirements
* Scrap management of remnants and efficient scrap utilization
* Accurate work order confirmation on paper and computer
* Stage material for shipping
* Operating an overhead crane to move material as needed
* Operating a forklift to move material as needed
* Carrying/moving supplies as needed
* Maximum productivity for finished goods creation
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision
* High school diploma or equivalent or accredited certification in a specialty area
* Basic math and reading skills
* Basic computer skills and/or comfort using a computer
* Ability to successfully pass physical requirements exam for vision and hearing
* Ability to successfully pass physical requirements for mobility and lifting requirements
* 3-5 years of experience as a skilled machine operator
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.