Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
Currently, Ryerson's Coon Rapids has an opportunity for a General Warehouse position, hours are 4am-12pm.
Candidate will be responsible to:
* Keep work area(s) Safe and Productive
* Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
* Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Count, weigh, record heat or test numbers or symbols, list random lengths and other necessary information on orders as required
* Unload and receive material, weights, counts, check sizes. Identify by color and heat or test numbers. Place into stock rack or designated areas. Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Perform tallying, stamping, sorting and re-oiling as required
* Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment
* Keep areas clean and organized
* Complete assignments as directed
* See supervisor after all assignments have been completed for further direction
* High School Diploma/GED required
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen
* Certified fork truck experience preferred
* Crane experience preferred (sheet lifter, chains, slings, hoists, or hooks)
* Experience with hand tools for banding and packaging material
* SAP experience preferred
* Understand work order packaging specifications
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.