Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
Currently, Ryerson's Indianapolis plant has an opportunity for a Service Center Operator.
This role will be responsible for:
* Actively participating in safety training and following safety policies and procedures
* Performing as a Helper/Packer/Skid Builder
* Pulling and staging inventory for production orders
* Preparing final packaging of material per customer specifications
* Staging of material for outbound shipping
* Work order confirmation on the computer
* Operating an overhead crane, forklift or side loader to move material as needed
* Carrying/moving supplies in a safe manner
* Completing general clean-up and overall good housekeeping as necessary
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Forklift and overhead crane experience preferred
* Strong safety focus at all times
* Basic math and reading skills, along with comfort using a computer
* Ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision, hearing, mobility and lifting requirements
* Must be a team player
* Keen attention to detail and ability to stay organized in a fast paced environment
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.