Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
Ryerson is currently seeking a 3rd shift Maintenance Mechanic to join our processing facility in Ambridge, PA.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the facility's various processing equipment at their proper functionality to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
* Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will work with the maintenance team to maintain the facility, production machinery and material handling equipment.
* Communicate with Operation Supervisors & Line Operators of down-time, repairs and run status.
* Maintenance Technicians are responsible to troubleshoot, repair and maintenance all equipment in the plant. Including: Air Compressors, Forklifts, O.H. Cranes, Metal Processing equipment, Lighting and Tools.
* Requires OT and Saturday shift coverage during operations or planned maintenance work.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
* Strong troubleshooting and repair abilities in hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment.
* Basic skills and/or comfort using a computer, math, reading and understanding of mechanical & electrical drawings.
* Strong communications skills using email, cellphone, CMMS and/or verbal communication.
* Ability to lift and carry 50lbs. Stand, walk, climb, crawl and kneel for long periods of time.
* Regular attendance, on-time and prepared to start your shift.
* Experience working in an industrial environment safely around Powered Industrial Trucks, Overhead Cranes and Processing equipment.
* Must be able to operate scissor lift, articulating boom lift, forklift, and crane.
* Knowledge and ability to perform LOTO on equipment and follow proper Energy Control Procedures.
Candidate Experience plus(s):
* Technical Degree in Electrical, Industrial Technician or other related fields.
* Experience working with metal processing equipment (stamping machines, presses, cut-to-length lines, slitters)
* Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, CMMS, Inventory Management
* Experience with Over-head Crane repairs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.