Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
Ryerson is always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
Currently, Ryerson is seeking an Outside Sales Manager to join our sales team in Minneapolis, MN.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Outside Sales Manager will act as a revenue and profit generator as he/she manages a sales force concentrating on account development and account retention. He/She will focus on high potential markets and customers to accelerate the growth in the Carolinas. He/She will also participate in the development of strategic marketing plans.
Roles and responsibilities include:
* Meets or exceeds sales goals established for the Branch
* Develops and executes a sales program on a segment specific basis which reflects a strong understanding of what drives profitability and will identify, develop and maintain relationships with major accounts and develop new accounts
* Along with the General Manager, establishes sales and profit goals for the Branch including margin targets.
* Forecasts sales and profit and is held accountable for its deliverance on a consistent basis.
* Drives sales performance
* Leads, motivates and develops sales staff to achieve market share and profit objectives
* Prepares strategically defined sales plans and programs to aggressively and profitably expand the company's sales volume in its defined markets.
* Makes sales call on customers to help secure business and improve profitability
* Trains, coaches and mentors sales personnel
* Shows commercial expertise
* Guides pricing, customer service, inventory management and plant scheduling to achieve volume and margin objectives, obtain new customers and retain and grow valued accounts through effective customer solutions delivery.
* Knows competitors and how best to position our client's offer against them.
* Builds credibility and trust with current and potential customers
* Provides excellent customer service
* Displays great personal commitment to customer satisfaction and thus leads by example
* Drives a culture that will respond quickly to resolve customer issues or problems
* Demonstrates the following personal characteristics
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* 1-3 years sales experience, with some management experience preferred but not required
* Professional, leadership-oriented image
* Team player and builder
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Assertive, competitive and goal oriented
* Flexible and solutions-oriented
* High degree of business ethics
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Competitive total rewards package
* Paid time off
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.