Fostered in over 179 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers.
Benefits of working for Ryerson:
* Three weeks accrual vacation for new hires, along with paid time off and nine paid holidays
* 401K & matching for retirement
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available day one of your start date.
* Casual work environment
* Heath & Wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* "Ryerson Gives Back" initiative
* and more!
We are looking for a Warehouse Loader (Service Center Operator B) to join our 2nd shift (2PM to 10PM) team in Charleston, SC.
Successful candidates will also be responsible for:
* Packaging bundles of sheet metal using a 2.5# plastic banding tool
* Using mobile equipment, such as an overhead crane, to move material throughout building
* Handling of orders and maintaining inventory
* Perform general clean-up
* Other duties as assigned by supervision & management
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Must be comfortable with working in a non-AC, climate controlled warehouse environment
* Overhead crane experience is preferred; forklift is preferred
* Must be able to remain in a upright stationary position up to 80% of the time, while performing essential job functions
* Minimum one year experience in a metal processing/metal service center environment is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.