At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., we have been around for over 175 years and it's not just because of the high-quality product we provide or the future that we plan and prepare for, but because of the dedicated, ambitious and hard-working individuals who drive outstanding customer service on a consistent, day-to-day basis. This is a major reason why Ryerson is experiencing both domestic and international growth on a grand scale within the metals industry.
We're looking for a resilient, problem-solving Buyer with a focus on aluminum products to join our winning supply chain team in Norcross, GA. The successful candidate would report to the Product Manager and Director of Supply Chain.
Here are the most important responsibilities and duties of a Buyer:
* Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels to support commercial teams' efforts.
* Support activities include mill production order entry, Ryerson processing order entry and intercompany transfers
* Build relationships and credibility with commercial teams in order to provide guidance and support quoting new opportunities
* Partner with production mills to resolve issues and expedite orders
* Implement purchasing planning and tracking to meet Corporate mill buy strategies and commitments
* Other duties as assigned by leadership
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Prior procurement, sales or industry experience required
* Understands the basics of product flow and inventory management
* Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
* Basic math skills including conversions, Algebra and Geometry; mechanical aptitude.
* Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required; experience within CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce.com) and SAP, AS400 or BlueZone operating platforms are a plus
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
* Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented and has a passion to excel.
* Flexible and solutions-oriented.
* High degree of business ethics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.