What do you get from Us:
A fun energetic work environment that encourages employees to grow within Ryerson in a multitude of career paths/opportunities. The environment gives employees the opportunities to be self sufficient and self advocate while still working toward a team goal with a great group of people.
What will you do:
* Collaborates with a variety of industries while promoting transactional and fabrication sales business
* Builds professional relationships with customers across multiple geographic markets
* Responds to customer quotation requests, needs, inquiries, and complaints/concerns
* Generates sales through focused, pro-active marketing; primarily out-reaching
* Processes customer orders (i.e. quotations and order entry)
* Sources for items that Ryerson does not stock
* Identifies strategies to improve/grow sales
* Understands and incorporates the goals and concepts of our business to grow sales and profitability
* Works closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, warehouse operations, and other departments within the company
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Competitive Pay
* 401K Matching
* Compressive Health Benefits (Starting Day 1)
* Vacation Time
Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., a leader in metals distribution and fabrication, is currently seeking Inside Sales Representatives to join our customer service center sales team in Minneapolis, MN. Under the supervision of the Inside Sales Manager, his/her primary role as an Inside Sales Representative is to provide sales support across company-wide markets in order to achieve sales growth. She/he provides excellent service while interacting with customers over the phone and through email. Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for direct sales aimed toward growing our business overall.
What we Need from you
* Associates Degree required
* Previous sales or customer service experience preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel)
* Attention to detail
* Ability to skillfully multi-task
* Results-focused, competitive, and self-motivated attitude
* Problem solving/conflict resolution and negotiation skills
* High level of numerical and mechanical aptitude
* Takes ownership of work; understands the importance of creating value/recognizes opportunities
* Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individually
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
SAP/Salesforce Preferred but not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.