What would you do with the opportunity to take a leading metal processing and service center to even greater heights? Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc, a leading metals distributer in the US, is seeking a solutions oriented Operations Manager to lead our coil processing center based in Fairless Hills, PA.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading others to operational excellence while focusing on team safety, delivering a quality product, eliminating waste, developing effective and skilled teams, and meeting budgeted production and operational metrics. In addition to overseeing daily operations, there is significant value placed on strategic long-term vision to ensure continued success of the facility.
* Acts as a champion for change: Understands lean principles and process improvement; challenges the status quo; encourages team members to question existing methods, practices, and assumptions; supports people in their efforts to try new things.
* Acts strategically: Develops priorities with the right balance of short and long-term plans. Analyzes data and metrics to identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving long range goals and vision. Commits to a course of action to accomplish goals after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
* Effectively assembles and manages talent: Actively works to recruit, hire and retain high performers; creates a challenging and rewarding work environment; has a reputation as a great person to work with; treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect; manages and resolves conflicts in a constructive manner.
* Drives for results: Holds self and others accountable for measurable and cost effective results; follows through on commitments; can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals; organized and able to manage time effectively.
* Promote and demonstrate a safe work environment (complying with EPA/OSHA regulations).
* Responsible for expense management and financial performance of plant operations.
* Understands the organization's financial processes to prepare, justify and administer the annual operating plan.
* Fleet and logistics management.
* Management of production uptime for maximum equipment utilization.
* Maximize raw material usage to minimize scrap.
* Develop and maintain internal and external customers providing best in class customer service.
* Fixed asset management.
* Annual capital budget forecasting and management.
* Ensure employee development and positive employee relations while displaying a commitment to lead.
* Effectively communicate with others to provide solutions and promote teamwork amongst business units (i.e. sales, purchasing, human resources, logistics, credit, corporate operations, etc.).
* Oversee capital projects in your service center.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Industrial Distribution, Engineering or related discipline preferred
* 5 - 7+ years of experience as an operations leader, with specific experience in lean manufacturing, asset utilization, data analysis, and team development
* Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity - fast paced work environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Well developed interpersonal skills; the ability to establish trust and remain flexible in lifestyle and approach
* Understands how to lead change within dynamic environments across multiple geographies
* Strong diagnostic, problem solving and analytical skills
* Demonstrated bias toward action, with a focus on getting things done and making things happen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.