At Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., we have been around for over 175 years and it's not just because of the high-quality product we provide or the future that we plan and prepare for, but because of the dedicated, ambitious and hard-working individuals who drive outstanding customer service on a consistent, day-to-day basis. This is a major reason why Ryerson is experiencing both domestic and international growth on a grand scale within the metals industry.
We're looking for a team player, go-getter, enthusiastic communicator, thoughtful listener and someone with a desire to grow and succeed on our Customer Experience Team in New Orleans, LA as an Account Representative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Processes customer orders, makes sales calls and works to establish relationships with customers.
* Build territory/account approach and monitor resources.
* Works with different departments to execute account development plans.
* Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
* Identifies problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures and makes sound decisions.
* Prioritizes concurrent customer's demands and provides satisfactory service to all.
* Balances concurrent requests for assistance from internal and external customers for customer service issues.
* Tasks must be completed with speed and accuracy.
* Other duties as assigned by management and supervision
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Prior sales or industry experience is preferred
* Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
* Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
* Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented, driven with a passion to excel
* Flexible and solutions-oriented
* High degree of business ethics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.