Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Operator for our Eldridge, Iowa facility.
Primary responsibility is machine operation of plate processing equipment:
* Daily machine operation for plate cutting parts to shape
* Piece processing which could include: finishing, machining, beveling and/or forming
* Machine programming and set up for parts creation
* Maximum productivity during job task
* Production of quality parts to customer specifications
* Efficient scrap utilization
* Work order confirmation on computer (SAP)
* Staging material for shipping
* Operating an overhead crane to move skids of material or plate as needed
* Operating a forklift or sideloader to move skids of material as needed
* Carrying/moving packaging supplies and packaging skids as needed
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1-3 years minimum press brake programming, setup and operation
* Basic math skills
* Basic computer skills and/or comfort using a computer
* Plate processing experience preferred
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision, hearing and mobility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.