Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., one of North America's leading distributor of metals, is currently seeking a Service Center Operator to join our facility in Tulsa, OK. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
* Assembling material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Use plasma machine to process metals
* Loading trucks with processed material
* Selecting material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Unloading and receiving material, weighs, counts, check sizes.
* Identify by color and heat or test numbers
* Placing material into stock racks or designated areas
* Recording necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Tallying, stamping, and sorting as required
* Maintaining safety, quality, and productivity standards of each job assignment
* Filling in for absent positions as qualified and as needed
* Keeping areas clean and organized
* Other job-related duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or GED
* Forklift and overhead crane experience
* Must be a team player
* Good computer skills are a plus
* Experience working in a metals warehouse setting is a plus
* Experience working with plasma machines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.