Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., is celebrating over 175 years in the Metals Industry! As one of North America's leading distributor of metals, we are currently seeking a Service Center Operator to join our team in Memphis, TN.
The successful candidate will be critical in the shipping and receiving operations of our warehouse. Successful candidate will rely on using an overhead crane and forklift to move and load metals material onto our flatbed trucks.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance that is available to you on your first day of employment. Other benefits include 401k, discounts on gym memberships and more.
* Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Unload and receive material, weighs, counts, check sizes. Identify by color and heat or test numbers. Place into stock racks or designated areas.
* Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Perform tallying, stamping, and sorting as required
* Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment.
* Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
* Keep areas clean and organized.
* Other duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or GED
* Forklift, Overhead Crane, and good computer skills
* Experience working in a warehouse environment setting is preferred
* Must be able to accurately use measuring tools, specifically a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper.
* Must be a team player
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.