What you will do
Perform Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting activities on fire alarms, Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Network infrastructure; PA Systems and other PC based Systems including Nurse Call and Sound Systems.
How you will do it
- Perform installation and verification activities on Security related equipment for large installations, including installing, testing and commissioning.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications.
- Complete "As Built" drawings upon the completion of the project.
- Complete reports for submission to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJ's and other interested parties.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of various product lines.
- Consult with Clients to assess risk and to determine Security requirements.
- Identify and sell basic product enhancements to customers.
- Participate in rotation on-call schedule.
What we look for
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, and testing
- Completion of Electronic Technician program or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license; must be able to pass driving background check
Knowledge of computer networks and ability to expertly diagnose and repair systems. Ability to Program switches, routers, and other network devices.
Detail oriented and able to work independently or in a team
Excellent communication skills and a clean driving record are required
Able to interact with customers and represent the company in a professional manner
Be Available to be on-call for emergency service rotation
- Preference will be given to those who have IT standards and network topology experience.
- Experience supporting the implementation of analog, hybrid and IP CCTV systems, access control systems, intercom systems, wireless, intrusion systems, and Nurse Call.
- Must have working knowledge of local and national codes for inspection and test purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to program basic operations on micro-processor based systems without supervision.
- Proficient in the operation of computers and knowledgeable on MS operating systems (including Windows 2000 Server).
- Ability to configure PC hardware and application programs.
- Computer Network Experience and Qualifications would be a strong asset to this position.
- Experience working in the construction industry and construction management.
- Experience in the design or design assist in low voltage applications is desirable.
- Understand technical system architecture.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of electronic test equipment.
- NICET certification
What else you'll get
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .