At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Leadership Development and Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager
We are transforming our business, and as a result we are focusing on
transforming our leadership culture and mindset. We need the current and
future leaders to guide teams to great results in an ever-changing
environment. We are making a bold investment in developing our associates
and leaders, recruiting top talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in
the market. The Retail Direct Bank Leadership Development team aims to
transform our approach to equipping current and future leaders with the skills
and knowledge they need to support our associates in delivering great things.
We strive to deliver impactful and engaging learning experiences that directly
enable the success of our people and our business.
As a Leadership Development Program Manager, you will partner with the
Learning Designers, Client Managers and Customer SMEs to design, develop,
implement, scale and continuously improve the Leadership Development
Programs' delivery strategy leveraging a working knowledge of Agile delivery
principles. The learning solutions you will oversee are blended, target diverse
learners and include modalities such as video, animation, instructor-led
training, simulations, and other e-learning content. If you love the idea of
revolutionizing the learning experience for a group of talented, fun-seeking,
customer-centric associates, read on!
This is a rare opportunity to leverage your unique blend of agile, leadership
development, product consulting and program management skills in a role
with broad scale meaningful impact. You will be solving challenging problems,
thinking creatively, and continuously be on the top of your game in a
supportive environment where we put the learner first. If this sounds like an
interesting challenge and a compelling opportunity, we would love to meet
In this role you will:
* Directly manage the portfolio of Leadership Development offerings, as
well as liaise with the vendors that deliver these services to Capital
* Develop strong relationships with business stakeholders, COF leaders
and business program managers to ensure the program delivery
experience and offerings are representative of a World Class
Leadership Development curricula.
* Work alongside a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to
manage and enhance leadership program delivery. You will influence
Sr. Leaders and engage business partners on the People Leader
strategy as they begin identifying needs and incumbents to
participate.You are a dynamic product owner with a passion for
learning who will roll up your sleeves, rally partners and work in a
highly collaborative environment.
* Be a uniter. You will bring people from all over the organization (from
our most senior executives to our newest hires) together for a
common goal and you will inspire people to travel with you on this
* Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at
developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders
in support of our programs.
* Partner with internal stakeholders to execute learning marketing and
* Manage workload of multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal
direction and supervision.
* Work closely with the larger Leadership Development Team to ensure
a cohesive learning experience with the context of other learning and
* Partner with Designer and team leader to measure impact. Together
you will identify the meaningful measurement for the product, track
and iterate accordingly sharing with stakeholders.
* Pull and analyze data and metrics, user empathy, analytics and best
practices, (in and outside of Capital One) to gather insights and trends
and ensure those insights are taken into consideration when driving
program delivery strategy.
* Define direction, prioritize and manage features that will deliver best in
class experiences for Capital One leaders.
* Facilitate learning with groups of 50+ new hires and present to Sr.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
* Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
* Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought
leader, and mentor to program team and participants
* Working knowledge of Agile design and program delivery practices,
* Exceptional communication/consulting skills
* Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and
influence the organization.
* Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track
product performance, and drive decision making
* Ability to combine a strong quantitative background to support data-
informed decision making with instinct and experience-based decisions
* Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly
* Support and contribute to program curriculum design strategy and
development (learning events, networking, feedback from customers)
* Manage and implement all program development modules, while
collaborating with Program Coordinator to ensure effective
management of program
* Set strategy for program dates, space needs and required resources
* Prep Executive Speakers and Instructors for the learning events
* Recruit Alumni to engage in Leadership Development Programs in
* Track record of delivering against strategy, creating
advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources or Product Management
- At least 2 years of leadership experience
- At least 1 year of program management experience on an Agile team
- Bachelor's Degree in Learning and Development or Leadership or Human
- At least 4 years of experience in Learning and Development or HR or Product Management
- Exposure to analysts or digital product roles across Capital One
- Curiosity for learning more about leadership development and diversity and inclusion
- Passion for learning and helping others learn
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.