What you will do
Supervises a team of Engineers to perform hardware engineering, software engineering and network level commissioning for Major Projects and Branch Projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Employs practices and develops processes to ensure cost effective engineering while providing consistent delivery and customer satisfaction. Serves as an expert in application engineering. Works effectively with Major Projects and Branch teams.
How you will do it
- Manages and schedules the workload of the Systems Engineering Team. Prioritizes work, supervises and coordinates projects to insure progress and timely completion of the engineering deliverables. Provides timeframe estimates to project management for job cost evaluation.
- Develops, implements, monitors and communicates the Systems Engineering team processes, strategies and standards. Provides engineering cost estimates during project development phases.
- Seeks out new and creative applications and operational techniques. Implements improvements in the processes, facilities, tools and equipment to improve quality, reliability, productivity, and to provide leading edge technology.
- Provides advanced technical support on application or implementation issues. Serves as the Regional expert in application engineering.
- Leads team of Systems Engineers to select controllers and end devices that will meet the specification, and minimize the total cost of installation to ensure that the project cost comes in below estimate.
- Utilizes financial, contract management and other management reports to evaluate team success.
- Develops and maintains viable relationships with customers, consultants and architect engineers. Leverages these relationships as needed during project development and execution.
- Maintains high level of engineering standards. Ensures maximum reuse of proven designs and programs.
- Performs complex engineering and supports network commissioning as required on assigned projects.
- Hires, retains, mentors, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.
- Works with Major Projects and Branch teams to ensure timely delivery of engineering deliverables in order to maximize successful execution of projects.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with a minimum of eight years of experience in Application engineering. Prior experience in supervision of technical / engineering group. Minimum of five years of progressive responsibility in the construction industry. Masters degree or Professional Engineer Registration highly desired. Recognized as a leading expert in several core engineering competencies. Understands accounting principles and cost management. Good oral and written communication skills, especially in presentation of technical material.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .