What you will do
Under general direction, responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete building control systems, primarily with HVAC control sub-systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. This role will be the primary Iconics point of contact and will be accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops software programs, commissioning and troubleshooting to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Develops algorithms to help with data analytics and trending. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, JCFS field installation team and subcontractors.
Location: Pentagon (Military experience not required).
Benefits: Eligible for health and retirement benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Designs and configures technically complex building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
2. Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
3. Coordinates and creates of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
4. Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
5. Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
7. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
8. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner / operator on the total building control system.
9. Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
10. May provide work direction to Systems Design Assistants.
11. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
1. Demonstrated knowledge of control theory. Experience working with automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems strongly preferred. Experience working with DDC and/or PLC control systems preferred.
2. Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
3. Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools. AutoCad and Visio experience preferred.
4. U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry strongly preferred.
3. Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BacNet, etc).
4. Demonstrated experience with engineering and programming of Direct Digital Control Systems and/or PLC controls. Experience with Metasys strongly preferred
5. Demonstrated experience working with Iconics and/or Kepware software
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years and with more than 680 professionals, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)