Interns at TASC will have an opportunity to immerse themselves in a fast-paced development environment for the largest privately-held third-party benefits administrator in the US. You will leverage a cutting-edge technology stack built on an Amazon Web Services serverless cloud platform. You will be mentored by our team of exceptional senior software engineers as you contribute directly to TASC's production codebase. You won't be given throwaway tasks to work on, but instead will tackle challenging, meaningful development projects and integrated directly into our team, giving you a unique opportunity to experience the nuances of the software industry through the entire product development lifecycle.
For all Internship Opportunities we are looking for individuals with following competencies:
- Take Initiative-we want to hear about your ideas
- Be adaptable-we move fast at TASC!
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems using your analytical skills and creativity
- Resiliency-stay determined and humble when you need to try again
- Currently enrolled and attending a college or university; majoring in a Computer Science related field
- Must be a student in good standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server projects and database querying
- 2 years' work experience in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Familiarity with any of the issue tracking systems like Jira, Bugzilla, or Confluence
Spring Semester 2020: Part time 8-16 hours per week
Summer 2020: 30+ hours per week
(Let us know which internship is most interesting to you in the NOTES section in our On-Line application)
- Software Developer: Manage development projects through an agile software lifecycle from concept to release. Work in a highly remote yet close knit team environment built around facilitating communication and collaboration. Build highly robust and fault-tolerant financial technology platforms by applying core software engineering principles to deliver high quality software releases
- : Angular 4+, Typescript, Swift, Kotlin, AWS Technologies (Lambda, Aurora, S3, Cloudformation, API Gateway, and more), Swagger, NodeJS & NPM, Unix, Scrum, Agile Processes, Jira, Jenkins (edited)
- DevOps-Serverless Environment: You will be working closely with other DevOps Engineers embedded on agile software development teams with the opportunity to work with source control, branching policies. You will get exposure to and configuration of cloud-based platform solutions including Amazon AWS. You will work with and troubleshooting software build issues
- Work with Jenkins, UC4, Lambdas, RDS DB, Cognito, Cloudwatch. Exposed to network configurations. Participate in Scrum/Agile team processes. Develop and automate DevOps reporting. Opportunity to become a Certified Scrum Master
- DevOps- Enterprise Architecture - You will be working closely with other DevOps and SysOps Engineers embedded on agile teams with the opportunity to work with source control, branching policies and network design/configuration. You will get exposure to and configuration of cloud-based platform solutions including Amazon AWS. You will support teams with software build issues including deploying releases, updates and hotfixes
- Work with Jenkins, UC4, RDS DB, Cloudwatch and Cloudchekr. Exposure to the Enterprise Network environment including servers, storage, virtualization and cloud. Participate in Scrum/Agile team processes, learning Scrum and potential to become a certified Scrum Master. Develop and automate DevOps reporting
- SysOps - You will be working closely with other SysOps and DevOps Engineers embedded on agile teams with the opportunity to work Enterprise level network design and configuration. You will have the opportunity to work on server operating systems (Windows and Linux), Virtualization, LAN/WAN, storage technology and alerting/monitoring. You will get exposure to and configuration of cloud-based platform solutions including Amazon AWS
- Work with networking technologies: Directory services, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Layer 2/3, Routing, VLANs and VPNs. Participate in Scrum/Agile team processes, learning Scrum and potential to become a certified Scrum Master
- Production Support: You will be working closely with Core App Developers, Business and Customer Care team in agile development environment with the opportunity to:
- Work with higher tiers to develop temporary fixes for the problem to ensure timely, high quality delivery and customer satisfaction
- Assist production support and client service teams and report to Production Support Manager regarding the troubleshooting and resolution of problems arising in production for all products implemented by TASC
- Write SQL scripts to monitor and measure application health
- Communicate closely with source of escalation, complete appropriate documentation, and process issue tickets according to company methodology to ensure top notch customer service both internally and with our healthcare clients and partners
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to prioritize the issues and gaps noticed.
Corporate Core Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.