At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers - large and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you'll find the best people in the industry operating in a "golden rule" culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
Position Purpose Summary:
The Purchasing Intern is responsible for providing analytical and operational support to the initiatives of the Corporate Purchasing group. The Purchasing Intern may be responsible for purchasing program administration, research and analysis on projects, purchasing agreement management, and assistance to the Vice President and Purchasing Managers and other members of the department as directed. The Purchasing Intern will - at times - manage various projects involving other departments, such as I.T. projects (Share Point).
- The Purchasing Intern is responsible for providing departmental project and research support which would include project definition, vendor identification, data collection, comparison analysis, findings summary, and a recommendation.
- The Purchasing Intern is responsible for providing functional and some administrative support to the department, as assigned, and may include maintaining certain commodity files (contracts, leases, real estate files), preparing presentations, and assisting with projects.
- As a member of the Purchasing Departmental Team, the Purchasing Intern is responsible for knowing and following policies and procedures of the company, for sharing information that would benefit other members of the team; and for finding ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- As a member of the Purchasing Departmental Team, and the PCA Team as a whole, the Purchasing Intern is expected to continually strive to strengthen our business philosophy of Meeting needs, exceeding expectations for our customers. The includes supporting our Commitment to Service which involves doing what's right for our customers; focusing on strategies that add value and support growth; and keeping the promises that we make.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor program for business and have completed at least two years of course study.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0/ 4.0 is required and you must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
- Knowledge of applications including Word, SharePoint, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Excel and related functions such as VLOOKUP Pivot Tables functions, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- High energy and intellectual curiosity.
- Candidate must display maturity and a high level of professionalism.
- Strong math and numerical data analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to travel to various locations as necessary.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and all other protected classes.