194181 Intern - HDD Hardware Systems Engineering (Open)
Seagate's Drive Architecture group in the Design Engineering organization located in Shakopee, MN is looking for an intern with interest in developing new technologies and tools that will improve the quality and performance of enterprise hard disk drives.
About the role:
- Development of new areas of study, including tiered storage systems, device performance in large scalable cloud storage systems, and reference architectures.
- This position could involve projects such as developing key value interface capabilities, I/O workload characterization, and total cost of ownership (TCO) modeling.
- This is a collaborative, hands-on engineering position requiring strong interpersonal, communication, and technical leadership skills.
- Student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science with minimum of two years of undergraduate study completed.
- Experience with C programming and with electro-mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with storage architectures and interface protocols, file systems, hardware resources, open source stack elements, Linux, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
Your experience may include:
- Basic knowledge of hard disk drive operation.
- Hands-on experience using lab equipment and data acquisition tools.
- Experience with programming environments such as Matlab, Labview, or Python.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and Six Sigma.
Job Family: Operations Support
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, or ethnic origin