The Undersea Technology Analysis Group within SPA supports the Navy and other government organizations with timely and objective capability assessments, technology evaluations, and strategic planning that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business aspects of undersea warfare (USW) and broader Navy issues. UTAG provides mature, turnkey products that reflect all of the factors important to decision makers. Our clients are Flag Officers/Senior Executives and others who require robustly integrated support. UTAG delivers:
• Quantitative and qualitative modeling and analysis combined with extensive maritime operational and technical experience to develop integrated solutions to deterrence and war-fighting challenges.
• Cost-effective platform, mission, payload, and operating strategies to address capability gaps and exploit opportunities to create asymmetric cross-domain effects.
Expert policy, technology, and business case assessments; requirements development; technology transition management; operational mission analyses; survivability studies; and program support.
Qualified candidates for internship with the Undersea Technology Analysis Group (UTAG) will be currently pursuing a technical degree, engineering preferred, with coursework or experience involving programming, modeling, and practical application. Candidates must be U.S. citizens and meet eligibility requirements for access to Secret level information.
Candidates should have:
- Coursework or other experience in technology program planning and management, such as a research or lab projects that involve developing technology to a level of maturity needed to demonstrate practical application,
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical information in oral, written and graphical formats,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, power-point, Excel and Project,
- Experience and comfort working in a collaborative group.