The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Assist with multiple levels of purchasing within the corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the areas of Strategic Purchasing, Global Sourcing, and Operational duties within the various Purchasing departments throughout the corporation.
2. Expedite purchase orders.
3. Send request for quotes.
a. Gather and compile necessary information in order to request quotes from suppliers.
b. Extract data from JDE/SAS and other divisions.
c. Download drawings.
4. Communicate with venders to confirm shipments.
5. Consult with sales individuals, accounting and finance, engineers, and warehouse personnel to ensure correct transfer of information.
6. Maintain vendor accounts (work into gaining own personal vendor accounts after becoming comfortable with J.D. Edwards systems).
7. Provide support to Buyers and Purchasing Agents in the procurement of goods and services from suppliers.