A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to abright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offerschallenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are youlooking for a position with a company that is growing and able tooffer long-term professional advancement? Searching fora company that values a friendly work environment and that valuesYOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), atechnologically advanced electronics company employing more than3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space tothe depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Physical Design Intern will directly assist a ProductDevelopment Team with a wide range of projects related to ICphysical design which may include design entry, design rule checkingand parameter extraction.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. Inthis position, the intern will learn how to apply skills she or hemay have acquired in school related to his or her particular areasof interest, and apply them in a professional setting. The candidatewill also have opportunities to network and work across multipledisciplines within the business in a fast-paced and growingSemiconductor and Space organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the design team to perform nano-structure designand design verification.
- Assist in the implementation of custom analog and digitalcircuit elements for next generation non-volatile memoryproduct.
- Attend daily standups and participate in SCRUM developmentmethodology.
- Utilizes cadence design tools for the creation of full-customintegrated circuits, circuit simulations, custom layouts andphysical verifications
- Assist in the development of nanostructure designs whichcorrespond to the patterns of metal, oxide, or semiconductorlayers that make up the components of an integrated circuit
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in and working toward a Bachelor's degreein Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- High school diploma and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Officeapplications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint andAccess.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values ofTrust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a globalleader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's theinsights of our innovators today that will secure our collectivefuture. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then weencourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor workvisas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring aSecurity Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working withand providing reasonable accommodations to individuals withdisabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to adisability for any part of the employment process, please send ane-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let usknow the nature of your request and your contact information.